Bastyr University offers the following courses to assist prospective students preparing to attend Bastyr University. Many of the courses are offered in an intensive format in response to feedback from prospective students. These courses are also open to anyone who needs to complete college-level science courses.
Below is a list of the science courses usually offered during the summer quarter. A schedule of all the Kenmore summer courses available to the public and entering first-year students will be posted in April.
- General Chemistry 1 & 2 (Lecture/Lab), 6 credits
- Organic Chemistry for Life Sciences (Lecture/Lab), 6 credits
- Intro to Biochemistry (Lecture/Lab) , 6 credits
San Diego Campus
Below is a list of the science courses usually offered during the summer quarter. A schedule of all the San Diego summer courses available to the public and entering first-year students will be posted in April.
- Introduction to Biochemistry (Lecture/Lab), 6 credits
Save yourself the stress of a heavy first fall quarter load by completing some of the coursework in the summer instead. Naturopathic Medicine students who have completed all program prerequisites prior to the start of the summer quarter have the ability to participate in the Summer-Start program. Registration for Summer-Start typically opens in late April.
Benefits of Summer-Start include:
- Take 12.5 fewer credits in the Fall (14.0 instead of 26.5)
- Starting the program with reduced credits allows you time to build your learning and time management skills during your first two quarters
- Get to know classmates and faculty sooner
- If you are returning to full-time study or don't have a strong science background, you'll be able to ease into a heavy science load
- Summer-start classes are eligible for Financial Aid! If you're interested in Summer-Start, make sure to list 12.5 credits under Summer Quarter when estimating your credit hours on your Financial Aid application.
Remote Human Physiology Course - 5 credits
The course is for MSNWHC students, and other students may complete the course as a prerequisite for other programs. The 6 credit biochemistry course is also taught remotely for students in California or Washington.
Through a partnership with Bellevue Massage School, current Bastyr University students can sign up for a 11-week Summer Massage Intensive that prepares them for massage therapy licensure.
Parkinson's Disease Summer School is offered at Bastyr's Seattle/Kenmore campus. This unique "school," facilitated by Dr. Laurie Mischley, a distinguished Parkinson's researcher and physician, will provide Parkinson's patients the opportunity to learn more about strategies that can improve their health outcomes through personalized testing, classroom instruction, interactive sessions, and more.